• I am biased! My friend is a rock-solid, climber, marathoner, cyclist, iron-pumping vegan with an enviable physique who is competing to be PETA’s 2012 “Sexiest Vegetarian Next Door”. In this case, Zachary literally is next door to me! Won’t you vote for him? As he proclaims on his vote-page:
“No animals were harmed in the making of this body”.
All votes during this round must be received by April 16, 2012, at 12 noon EST. Be sure to check back on April 23, 2012, to view the finalists—the top 10 vote-getters (five male and five female) and the top 10 “judges’ picks” (five male and five female). Two lucky winners (one male and one female) will each receive a free trip to Hawaii, courtesy of and donated by the PETA Member Advantage Program.
• Dun-Well Doughnuts continues to rack up mainstream press and accolades. I feel so lucky to have this place in my neighborhood. They provide amazing treats, and great motivation to work out afterwards. As the article says, ” New York City’s best doughnuts are also vegan.”
• After a recent speaking engagement at The University of Pennsylvania’s “iV” Ivy League Vegan Conference, I finally had the chance to grab a (huge) slice of pizza at Blackbird Pizzeria! They offer pizza, soups, and sandwiches like Philly Seitan Cheesesteaks. I had a slice of Upton’s Pepperoni pizza and a mixed veggie slice. When in Philly, get ye to this pizzeria!
• I feel like a bit of an eavesdropper on some insider Paleo bully ring, but there is some very odd discussion on impotence and the vegan diet over here: forum.jackkruse.com/showthread.php?463-Vegan-Men-Better-In-Bed/. You might want to chime in.
• The New York Times continues to provide some excellent coverage of vegan food and culture. Check out articles from this week on a new restaurant in Connecticut, an Ethiopian food line, and a challenge to make an ethical argument for eating animals.