• What could more soothing than a pair of comfortable, organic, fair trade, drawstring cotton shorts? New Zealand’s ‘Kowtow‘ features basics like tees, tanks and shorts in all organic and fair trade cotton.
• Under Amour is striving to go green, which is good news for athletes. They are incorporating more and more recycled materials. According to the site, “In 2011, we estimate that we will convert over 2,000,000 one liter plastic bottles into performance products.”
• BJJ black belt and vegan David Meyer took the gold in his division at the 2012 American Cup Brazilian Jiujitsu Finals.
He was quoted on Fuel For the Fighter saying, “I began eating only foods close to the source, eliminating meat and fish from my diet in 1985, and now I eat no dairy or eggs. I’m 49 years old and in top physical shape, still competing full force against fighters half my age.”
Take at look at the match:
• In other MMA news, vegetarian Georgi Karakhanyan won his match in only 53 seconds! He now has 18 wins in a 21 fight career, and was quoted on Fuel for the Fighter saying “I am a devoted vegetarian and I give this a lot of credit for my strength. The reason why I became a vegetarian is because I do not like animals being hurt. but I also believe that being a vegetarian is a healthy way to live. As for people who say, “You can’t fight if you’re a vegetarian!” I say, I don’t need to eat meat to kick their ass!”
• Vegetarian wrestler Sushil Kumar is going to London after qualifying for the Olympics. The wrestler from Delhi is a PETA India supporter who said,”Look at me, I defeated non-vegetarians from America and Kazakhstan in the Olympics. So, you can see that vegetarians have a lot of strength”.