Girly Girl Army is the queen of green. This hot Jewess has taken on New York City with style, sass, and sexy dissent. Who says you can’t save the world while looking hot? Chloé Jo sends out the most amazing weekly newsletters covering everything from fashion, food, travel, health, recipes and tips, to alerts, gossip , and sample sale low-downs – and it’s not just for the ladies!
I am obsessed with this newsletter – and If you haven’t signed up for it yet (dummy!) here is a taste of what you’re missing. This week’s newsletter:
**** Pretty please scroll to the wee bottom of this email to view our ADOPTABLE PETS OF THE WEEK. These animals are all in emergency states of needing rescue. Many are purebreds and all are friendly loving angels. We have a list of pups and cats in most of our cities and others so please see below and please forward this email to anyone you think may be able to open their hearts to adoption or fostering. You fashion nuts will enjoy our sample sale listings below.
ON OUR GLAMAZON RADAR THIS WEEK:
- Interview with raw foods goddess Gabrielle Brick, and tips on her perfect 10 bod!
- Say it aint so! PUMPKIN PIE BROWNIES. Meet the recipe to your downfall here.
- In preparation for the Republican National Convention, the FBI is soliciting informants to keep tabs on local protest groups (like veggie potluck dinners!): Moles Wanted; read more
- This great blog: http://sixsentences.blogspot.com/ gives you an entire literary story in simply six sentences. Perfect for the wannabe intellectual with limited time!
- You absolutely MUST check out this article with incredible pictures of one of Earth’s last uncontacted tribes firing bows and arrows. They have never had outside human contact and have been in the rainforest nearly 10,000 years! Enlarge
- Somewhere between the summer staple of a bathing suit and a pair of shorts lies the most adorable piece of sportswear ever invented: the playsuit. Check out this collection of flirty suits that will beat the heat and keep you stylishly cool.
- Summertime, and the boozings heavy! RightRides offers women free, safe, late-night rides home to reduce assault in 35 NYC neighborhoods.
- See the world through the eyes of Gilbert & George with these life size retro glasses made into a fun necklace. The Gilbert & George signature is etched on a gin bottle tag at the clasp for authenticity.
- How to Make Ethanol in Your Own Backyard; Its like Making Wine in the Garage.
- Coco Irene is a darling new clothing line inspired by vintage cinema and effortless chic.
- Sea glass begins its journey as refuse glass that was broken then discarded into the sea. The piece is swept and carried as powerful elements of sand, tide, water and weather perform their renewing work over time and terrain. The colorful jewel washes up on the shore and this fab n crafty etsy seller makes gorgeous, simple silver jewels out of it. Like this gorgeous ring named The Mermaid Tear which makes me want it asap.
- Why Gwyneth Paltrow’s favorite bakery may just be the hippest and cutest little bake shop in from Bethlehem (no worries, they deliver everywhere!!)
- A new kind of activism; http://www.guerrillagardening.org/.
- Summer reading alert: The Boss of You: everything a woman needs to know to start, run and maintain her own business (Seal Press) is now available at Amazon.com, or better yet your local independent bookseller.
- For the hot mamas and dapper daddies; When Dr. Lucy Gibney learned that her child suffered from severe food allergies, she developed a line of tasty, allergen-free cookies that every kid can enjoy.
- Killer summer tour peddling its fun across the nation: The TRUE COLORS tour benefits wonderful HRC and PFLAG. Not only is it benefit tour for a great cause – it’s a dreamy line up for us children of the 80’s with Cyndi Lauper, The B-52s, Rosie O’Donnell, Joan Armatrading, Regina Spektor, Joan Jett, The Indigo Girls, Tegan & Sara, and SO many others killing us softly with their songs! Who wouldn’t want to spend a summer night dancing and rejoicing with the likes of them? Buy tix now, slowpoke.
- For healthy folks and vegans looking to grill out (sans flesh); buy a pile of Field Roast meats. They are the most authentic grain based meats we’ve ever encountered and are delish times a million. See a list of where to buy ‘em here: http://www.fieldroast.com. Whole foods does carry the line. You will fall in love!
- The best natural cures for a tummy ache!
- Free this sweet dog who has lived in a cage for 16 years. Take action now
- The journal Nature, and the NYT today displayed a cold-hard celebration of vivisection at University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University. What they do to monkeys (our closest relatives) for the sake of fake science is sickening, and should rile up even an animal neutral person. See these sick experiments.
- Chris Burden choreographed a performance art piece in which he had an assistant fire a single shot to his left arm. Is this art?
- Portland gals n’ guys will want to hit this dinner event where Post Punk Kitchen diva Isa Chandra Moskowitz will be at the stove!
- Organic Whole Foods veggies… come from China?!?! Watch the story.
- Nearly everyone’s life has been touched by cancer in some way. Now you have an opportunity to have a positive impact on the fight against cancer with an organization that fights cancer with compassion. Everyone should check out this site; www.cancerproject.org.
- Ted Danson reps for the fishies.
- Hybrid Jaguars are on the way! You can sleep easy now
- Gorgeous in green and gold, this vintage begonia leaf necklace, cast from pure brass, takes center stage on copper chain. A beautiful gift for $36!
- Great tips for antiquing (East Coasters interested in visiting Farm Sanctuary should know there is fabulous flea markets five minutes from the farm!)
- Harry Shearer breaks down 935 tales we were told according to The Center for Public Integrity. Creeps us out.
- Joe Lieberman Vows To Blow Up The Internet.
- New York‘s annual celebration of great theater from New York, Latin America, the Caribbean, and Spain called TeatroStageFest in June looks like a great event with Jon Leguizamo rocking the stage as only he can do.
- Take action against the inhumane dog cull in India. The state of Kerala in southern India is a popular tourist destination known for its sandy beaches, tropical lagoons and diverse wildlife. Unfortunately, Kerala is also known for their ongoing dog culls. Culling, or reducing population numbers using methods such as poisoning and clubbing, is not only inhumane, but also ineffective at combating rabies and other diseases. We need your help to send a message to the government of Kerala that culling is unacceptable and must stop. Read more and take action.
- Los Angelenos: Sarah and Laban opened up this delicious veg junk food spot that must be checked out! Go check it out and support… it’s yummy vegan junk food. You’ll love it, and can peep your future ex boyf/girl while you wait for your milkshake.
- Give your bff a subscription to the cookie of the month club!