Matcha, cinnamon, cracked pepper, salted and plain dark chocolate peanut butter cups in 4 steps:
- 1. Double-boil a bag of dark chocolate chips with a teaspoon of coconut oil added.
- 2. In a bowl, mix peanut butter with powdered sugar, vanilla and then form into 1.5″ disks in your palm.
- 3. Put one tablespoon of the melted chocolate into cupcake papers, then the PB disks, then cover with another tablespoon of chocolate.
- 4. Garnish with seasonings or leave plain, and refrigerate until hard. I used green-tea matcha powder, cinnamon, cracked black pepper, pink salt, and cayenne for the PB cups above.
• Try this recipe with any nut butter, and any toppings you can think of! Almond butter cup with dried blueberries? Cashew butter cup with cacao nibs? Sunflower butter cup with granola? Yes please.
• Double-boil means put a dry pot with the choc. chips inside a bigger pot with hot water. This prevents the chocolate from burning or drying out.
• You can powder your own sugar, coconut sugar, maple sugar, or any granulated sweetener but using a coffee-bean grinder or food processor.
What flavor combo will you try? Leave a comment below.