The nastiness of the KFC Grilled Double Down sandwich has been harnessed and turned on it’s head. Unlike the amazingly funny and yummy (but more complicated) Breaded and deep-fried Vegan Double Down over at Vegansauraus, May I present to you the easy-peasy version: The Vegan Grilled Double Down. Two grilled Gardein patties sandwiching Tempeh Fakin’-Bacon and Follow Your Heart Monterrey Jack-Style Cheese and some Vegenaise. Yes I ate it, and so can you. Just make it at home in these simple steps (and you thought a Double Down was when two people simultaneously had massive coronaries while eating at KFC and fell over):
What You’ll Need:
- • 2 Gardein Patties
- • 4 slices of Tempeh Fakin Bacon
- • Gooey Vegan Cheese of your choice
- • Vegan Mayo
- • a squirt of mustard, if desired
- 1. In a large, oiled skilled, sautee the patties and fakin’ until golden brown on both sides.
- 2. Place the vegan cheese, mayo and the bacon in between the two patties.
- 3. Laugh at yourself.