• Bad boys are good. Parisian vegan brand, April 77, offers a variation of their notorious “Decontrol” biker jacket in cotton moleskin that is pretty awesome.
• The Holiday Gift Guides are coming out! Check out our faves over at GirlieGirlArmy, featuring a special section, Handsome Finds, with some of our very own Brave GentleMan ties. Also check ForLou, and P&C’S DO GOODER GIFT GUIDE. Or just drop in on the BraveGentleMan.com webstore!
• The results of a national poll offer further proof that plant-based eating is going mainstream. Commissioned by the Vegetarian Resource Group earlier this year, a Harris Interactive poll has revealed that about one third of Americans eat vegetarian fare a significant amount of the time and about 7.5 million people in the United States are vegan. That’s more than double the number of vegans in the United States since 2009! (source)
• I am loving how passionate are correct this reporter is regarding why OWS is needed:
• The World Watch Institute released a report today showing that demand for, and consumption of nuclear energy dropped:
Due to increasing costs of production, a slowed demand for electricity, and fresh memories of disaster in Japan, production of nuclear power fell in 2011, according to the latest Vital Signs Online (VSO) report from the Worldwatch Institute (www.Worldwatch.org). Despite reaching record levels the previous year, global installed nuclear capacity—-the potential power generation from all existing plants—-declined to 366.5 gigawatts (GW) in 2011, from 375.5 GW at the end of 2010. – Read the full story here.