Remember the days before you knew about dairy farming, when you’d come home from school and pop a frozen Ellio’s pizza into the oven and just 10 minutes later you’d have a crispy, cheesy treat to eat while watching Duck Tales? This delish snack I created is similarly satisfying (and much healthier for you and the cows). This recipe is 100% vegan, dairy-free, super easy, really yummy, and fast! Now all you need is a cartoon to watch…
Easy, Cheesy Toaster Pizza
what you’ll need:
- 2 slices of organic, whole-grain sourdough bread
- 4 tbsp organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup plain rice or almond milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 2 drops black truffle oil (not required, but very yummy)
- In a blender, combine cashews, rice or almond milk, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, agave, and truffle oil until smooth. Set aside.
- Slice the onion, and in a small pan, sautee over medium heat with a teaspoon of olive oil until golden.
- Take the 2 slices of bread, and spread about 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce on each.
- Drizzle the cashew cheese you’ve made evenly on top.
- Top with the sauteed onions.
- Toast in a toaster oven for about 5 minutes, or until the cashew cheese begins to brown.