• Article 23 is a contemporary Parisian fashion line focused on organic, fair-trade garments. They participate in the development of ecologically and socially responsible organic fiber apparel; selecting its partners for their compliance with environmental and labor standards. Here’s some selects available for international shipping on the UK’s Ascension website:
• There are just 42 Mexican gray wolves left in the wild. Forty-two. Tell Interior Secretary Ken Salazar to speed up the federal recovery efforts to save these wolves from extinction. Mexican gray wolves, also known as lobos, have been on the Endangered Species List for more than 30 years. But mismanagement, poaching and a loud anti-wolf minority have prevented the them from recovering. Today, just two breeding pairs remain! Find out how you can help.
• TOP 10 REASONS WHY ANIMAL RESEARCH IS A CRUEL JOKE: If you think all animal research is used to treat and cure life-threatening conditions, think again. This list was compiled by IDA.
All of the following are actual experiments conducted on live animals with your money:
Four researchers at the University of Western Ontario’s School of Medicine andDentistry and one researcher at the University of Cincinnati studied whether male rats enjoyed ejaculation or intromission (the insertion of the penis into the vagina) more. Their data support the hypothesis that there is a hierarchy of sexual pleasure, with ejaculation at the top!
9. CHIMPS IN WORLD’S WORST ORPHANAGE CONDITIONS
Conditions that were “standard care” at primate centers until the 1990s!
7. RATS TRAPPED IN UNCOMFORTABLE PLACES FOR A LONG TIME GET FREAKED OUT. Monkeys too!
5. DON’T CASTRATE YOUR CHILDREN, SAY SCIENTISTS
From the NIH Intramural Research Program, which boasts the only lab ever charged with multiple counts of criminal animal cruelty!
3. WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT? EXERCISE MAY HELP
From the researcher who discovered that adopted children fare better than orphans and social support alleviates depression!
1. SCIENTISTS FIND VAGINAL STIMULATION MIGHT BE PLEASURABLE
Funded by a “high risk, high reward” NIH breakthrough grant!