I came home from dinner with a hankering for something sweet, chocolaty, crunchy, and just a little bit salty, so I experimented with tossing together a big batch of Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn to share with my friends. It needed to be fast and easy and really yummy. It turned out so satisfying, I think it might become a staple snack in my apartment.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- • 1/2 cup organic popcorn kernels
- • 2 Tbs Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- • 2 Tbs “Dark Chocolate Dreams” Peanut Butter
- • 1/4 cup almond milk
- • 2 Tbs sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
(If you are unable to get “Dark Chocolate Dreams” Peanut Butter, use plain peanut butter and add 1 Tbs of cocoa powder and 1 extra Tbs sweetener or 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips)
- 1. Using an air popper, pop the popcorn into a large mixing bowl. If you don’t have an air popper, pop the kernels the old-fashioned way in a pan with a bit of oil and a lid.
- 2. In a saucepan on low-medium heat, melt the Earth Balance and add in the almond milk, sugar, and chocolate peanut butter.
- 3. Stir until it begins to bubble and is silky-smooth.
- 4. Pour the contents of the saucepan over the popcorn and stir with a spoon or fork until it is evenly coating the popcorn.
- 5. Serve and enjoy – and don’t forget to put some aside in an bag to take to work the next day, ’cause you will eat them all. I promise.