Spiders produce silk fibers with remarkable properties including high tensile strength, elasticity, durability and softness.
We’ve developed technology to replicate this amazing process sustainably at large scale. Our knit ties are our first prototype product, available in a limited edition release.
- We study silk proteins found in nature to determine what gives them their incredible properties.
- We develop proteins inspired by these natural silks by putting genes into yeast.
- We produce the protein in large quantities through fermentation, using yeast, sugar and water.
- We take the silk protein and spin it into fibers.
- We knit or weave these fibers into fabrics and garments.