I’m a guy that likes berries. Yes, they are pink and purple and red and really pretty, but who cares! There’s something sexy about them. They taste amazing, they are incredibly supple and healthy, and they make for a perfect breakfast when mixed with some nuts, seeds, dried fruit and non-dairy yogurt. I’ve been trying to start my weekdays with something a bit lighter to keep my engine running smoothly, and this regimen has me feeling great!
Pear Berry Breakfast
WHAT YOU’LL NEED (serves 2):
As always, try to get as organic and local as possible.
- • 6 large strawberries
- • 2 pears
- • 1/2 cup raspberries
- • 1/4 cup dried goji berries
- • 1/4 yellow raisins
- • 1/4 raw pistachios
- • 1/4 raw cashews
- • 1/2 cup unsweetened, non-dairy yogurt
- 1. Clean and then chop the pear into long pieces
- 2. Rinse the fresh berries and chop the strawberries
- 3. Add all ingredients to a bowl and gently mix.
- 4. Sprinkle cinnamon on a touch of vanilla on top, if desired.